Friday, July 01, 2005

Patriotic Questions

I don't do these forums that often, but since I am so bloggin' happy today, I thought this one looked good...
The Friday Forum
1] Have you visited many United States historical sites? (For example, the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, the Freedom Trail in Boston, the monuments in Washington, D.C., etc.) Which did you enjoy the most, and why? Do you have any plans to visit a U.S. historical site anytime soon?

I live near Philly so you bet I have seen the Liberty Bell more than once! Been to Independence Hall, almost all the sights in Washington, DC. Been to Plymouth, Mass and say 'the rock'.
I guess I enjoyed the trip to New England as everything was new to me.
I'd like to see some of the memorials that I missed in DC like the Vietnam one.
2] Do you consider yourself a patriotic person? Why/why not? How will you celebrate this Fourth of July? Do you decorate your home at all for the holiday and/or wear red, white, and blue?
I think I am patriotic. I have a lot of respect for my country and it's diverse people.
We use to celebrate the 4th with my older brother's birthday and still do sometimes. I do decorate with flags, etc. The guys have the Old Navy flag shirts and I have some patriotic tees too.
3] What are some of your favorite Fourth of July foods and beverages?
Anything grilled! :P Love potato salad, homemade ice cream, ice tea with lemon.
4] How did you celebrate the Fourth of July growing up? Did you have fireworks at home? Did you attend a fireworks show in your city? Did you watch patriotic celebrations on television?
When we were little we would go to a local park to see the fireworks. More than once we went with the bitchy neighbor who hogged the punk sticks and put them under her chair so the mosquitos would leave her alone.
Sometimes we go to the fireworks (if they are free). I won't go if it's too humid. Sean loves to buy fireworks and we have fun setting them off in the driveway. Longwood Gardens and Hartefeld Golf course both have firework displays but we don't have $60 or whatever to blow going to either. I will watch fireworks on tv! No problem!
Happy 4th 'ya all!!

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS