Monday, July 04, 2005

Quiet at last

The guys just went to the fireworks over in Hockessin, DE. I just took a shower, turned on the Philly 4th celebration and will get out my cross stitch and relax.
We had Brian's dad, my mom and her friend Jim here for a picnic dinner. Brian burnt the hamburgers again, but the turkey burgers were fine. He was waiting for the turkey burgers to get as brown as the regular burgers and they won't as they aren't as fatty. Sean and mom couldn't eat them. Guess I should have been watching the grill, but I was getting a salad ready.
Everyone cleared out of here by 7. I watered some flowers and planted some in my front garden. I got the 4 in a cell packs for 40 cents each at a local dept store. I got some marigolds, ageratum, yellow celosia and a few more blue salvias. They were practically giving away mini-roses and carnations at 25 cents each. I only bought a few of these.
Yesterday we went to my mom's and we had stopped at this store on the way there. I bet in a few weeks the flowers there will be 10 cents each. So we got to my mom's and all the neighbors around her were having parties. The newer neighbors had a DJ set up in the yard facing my mom's house. She is about 100 feet off the road. No, they couldn't have him down near their house that's closer to the road. It was 4 hours of torture as the music was so loud. They knew we were in the yard there and they wouldn't be nice and turn it down. All their guests were away from the music in front of their garage. Geez. We went down to try and put up mom's screen house. Mom had taken out the directions to look at them and lost them. Tried as we might, we couldn't figure out the poles. I called my brother who lives around the corner and he came over on his motorcycle. It took him about 45 minutes to figure it out, but he did! Thank goodness. We also got mom's fountain working. I need to go down there and help her move plants around. They aren't doing well at all in the shade.
We went to a local restaurant and I got salad with bleu cheese in it. I don't know if that's what made me feel half sick all night. It was hard to get the food ready for today, but everything turned out well other than the burgers.

2comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Still planting flowers on July 4th--my kind of woman. I planted more impatiens on the 3rd and plan to stop today to see if anything is dratically reduced. There is always room for one more!

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Yeppers!
    I'm filling in 'bald' spots. Most of the flowers around here keep going until October, esp marigolds, so that's why I planted some more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS