Friday, July 01, 2005

100 things

Nabbed this from Kate's blog. Finally got around to doing it today:
100 Things
1. I'm named after both my mother Jeanne and my father Carl- Dianne Carol.
2. People usually call me 'Di' which I don't like. Mom calls me Diadsie.
3. Born Nov. 19, 1959
4. Born in West Chester, PA
5. Grew up in Media, PA
6. Attended Delaware County Community College and West Chester University.
7. I 'turned' Catholic in 1983 before I got married.
8. I am a 'liberal' Catholic if there is such a thing.
9.I have been married to the same man, Brian for over 21 yrs.
10. I have one son who is now a college freshman at Penn State.
11. I am of a melting pot of nationalities but mostly English, Swedish, Danish, French, Irish & German.
12. When I was 2 we lived in Fort Pierce, Florida for a year, but the heat was miserable.
13. My parents divorced when I was about 13, but they had lived apart for many years.
14. My father wouldn't look at any of his 4 children at the court proceedings.
15. I have 3 brothers, 1 older and 2 younger.
16. I have 3 nephews and 1 niece.
17. My niece Tori and I are the only females in our immediate family for 40 years.
18. I love to cross stitch & have done so for over 25 yrs.
19. I mainly cross stitch for different charities and have done so for over 6 yrs.
20. I also love to garden and putter around in the yard every day.
21. I'm 5'2 and 1/2. The 1/2 is very important.
22. My favorite food is chocolate.
23. I love iced tea, especially home brewed with lemon.
24. My favorite movie is 'The Wizard of Oz' and I have a collection of memoribilia from it.
25. I am a liberal democrat.
26. I have one cat, a boy named Cosmo who has a blog.
27. I try to read at least 5+ novels a year because I read slowly.
28. My current favorite TV show is Survivor.
29. My favorite actor is probably still Harrison Ford.
30. I wanted to be a early childhood education instructor.
31. After I volunteered at my son's school, I changed my mind.
32. I have to drink my hot tea in a mug.
33. I don't like coffee.
34. I was the corresponding secretary for the PTO (not PTA) at my son's school one year.
35. I was computer illiterate until we got a computer in 1993. I taught myself how to make a webpage and can do html.
36. I love folk pop music.
37. I have been a fan of James Taylor's since I've been 13.
38. I have seen JT 3 times in concert and his daughter Sally once.
39. I have also seen the following in person: John Denver, Joni Mitchell, Linda Rondstadt, Dan Fogelburg, Kenny Loggins & Hall & Oates. I would love to see Bonnie Raitt someday.
40. I was born the same year as the Barbie doll and I have a huge collection of them.
41. I had a Thumbelina doll that I loved to pieces and even cut her hair.
42. I contracted Lyme Disease in 1998 and still have symptoms from it.

43. My favorite chain restaurant the Olive Garden.
44. I live about 1/2 hour from where I was born.
45. I would like to live near the ocean someday.
46. I use to have medium brown hair, now it's golden brown.
47. I have hazel eyes with specks in them like my maternal grandmom.
48. I wear bifocal glasses and don't like contacts.
49. I would love to be a backup singer for James Taylor at least once.
50. The best trip I ever took was a car trip to New England with Brian when we were newlyweds.
51. I love to bake, esp at Christmastime.
52. My favorite color is teal/aquamarine.
53. I like skirts better than shorts, but I wear shorts too.
54. I met Brian at the wedding of his first cousin to my brother.
55. Brian lets me cut his hair and I still do so after 23 yrs.
56. I was shy and quiet in high school and people thought I was stuck up.
57. I love brownies of any kind. I've never found any as good as Rachel's (from the 80s).
58. I could eat chicken salad from 'The Little Inn' everyday.
59. We still live in the first house we bought back in 1986.
60. We moved in when I was 7.5 months pregnant with Sean our only child.
61. When I am uptight, music usually calms me down.
62. My favorite perfume has to be flowery and expensive-like Lancome's Miracle or Estee Lauder's Estee.
63. I loved M*A*S*H the tv show, but not the movie version.
64. I wished that Alan Alda was my father at one time.
65. I have ESP sometimes. I recently got stung by a bee and remembered thinking about it a day or so before it happened.
66. I have a thing for tall, thin, dark haired men like Tim Daly and Hugh Jackman.
67. I married an average sized guy with brown, curly hair.
68. I get bad vibes when I go in places like 'Ford's Theater' (I see dead people?)
69. My brother Don and I would put on shows for the family. He always out sung me.
70. Someone died in the bedroom I sleep in. It doesn't scare me.
71. Growing up, I use to babysit all the kids from a nearby neighborhood.
72. I love anything Victorian. My livinig room is somewhat decorated that way.
73. I have excellent handwriting for a lefty. I used calligraphy for our wedding invitiations.
74. When I was practicing the calligraphy, I wrote the name Sean Matthew out of the blue. (that's our son's name).
75. I would like to see the west coast one day and also visit friends & relatives there.
76. I have yet to go to New York City.
77. 9-11-01 left me with an anxiety issues for a few years.
78. I live inbetween NYC and DC and was thinking it was the end of the world that day.
79. I have at least 500 books or more.
80. My books are mostly non-fictional.
81. I have a huge cookbook collection too-at least 100 books. My favorite is Fannie Farmer that Brian gave me.
82. I hate to have piles dirty clothes in the house, but sometimes I let the dishes sit overnight.
83. I grow zinnias almost every year because they were my maternal grandmom's favorite flower.
84. I helped to pay for my grandmom's grave marker.
85. My family and I were with my grandmom when she died June 18, 2000.
86. In high school I had a crush on a soccer player.
87. I love BBC America and watch 'Bargain Hunter' and 'Cash in the Attic' everyday.
88. I use to watch Monty Python's Flying Circus and had a crush on Michael Palin.
89. I have several things in my 'beauty routine' to do before I go to bed-one is to apply cream to my dry feet.
90. I love to do crafts and draw portraits (though I haven't done the later for a long time).
91. My favorite flower is the gardenia.
92. I like lap dogs like Eddie from Frasier.
93. Cats have always loved me as I love them.
94. I'm a packrat, but so is the rest of my family.

95. I have a gap in my front teeth like my older brother.
96. I love getting things in the mail.
97. I have sold stuff on eBay for almost 6 years.
98. I miss my brother Don who lives in Florida and haven't seen him for 3 yrs (we went to see him).
99. I wanted an emerald engagement ring, but settled on a diamond with two little emeralds on each side.
100. I am really good at putting
things together without directions.

1comments:

  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I really enjoyed reading your 100 things. I found it interesting your comment on 9/11. I live in Canada on Vancouver Island and I felt the same way. It was the scariest day of my life. I still get very sad when I see fire engines or firefighters.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS