Thursday, June 30, 2005


This is my little pond. I mostly have flowering plants in pots like sunny pale yellow petunias, mini orange marigold and lime green sweet potato vine. That is a neat gazing ball, like a champagne color and it's crackled. I do have purple and pink flowers (salvia, lobelia, dianthus) planted around the gazing ball. I an see the waterlily blooming it's deep pink flower in the middle of the pond. I added some Japanese irises to in between the stones near the wrought iron fish. In the background you can see the butterfly bush (under the bay window that faces this area, the backyard). There are some tiny white petunias, a yellow coreopsis and a hanging pot of more petunias and portulaca at the corner of that area. Posted by Hello

4comments:

  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Very nice, Dianne. I like all of your garden ornaments. Is that a little miniature bench by the pond? I also like the bird house below (I have a "thing" for bird houses)

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    oops! Somehow I posted the same thing twice, so I deleted one.

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Thanks for your comments Zoey. Yes, the little green bench mimics the big green bench that isn't in the photo. I actually moved the bench to the right in that photo as it was too sunny where it was.
    I really liked the pond where it was before, but it was high maintenance and hard to weed (not to mention more in tick-land). Now I can weed whack around the entire area in a few minutes. We can also hear the water splashing from the family room window.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS