Friday, May 20, 2005

Could it be rain?

It hasn't rained in this area for almost 3 weeks. It was a pollen enhanced dust bowl around here to say the least. I tried to get my gardening done, but I just couldn't get the shovel that deep into the ground without it causing discomfort. Now I can get the weeding and planting finished in a few days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My dear friend Karin just lost her beloved grandmother. I am so upset right now. The poor lady just had an operation which proved too much for her frail body. She got an infection and even the antibiotics didn't help. I lost my grandmom almost 5 yrs ago and it still hurts. Karin and I really thought of our grandmoms as 'second' moms.

Update:
My nephew does have Crohn's Disease and we are all upset over that. I hope the meds they try will help him.
Mom's bloodwork was good! She is waiting to hear about an x-ray of her ribs as she is hurting near her liver area. She is finally going to get her eyes checked too.
I used an ice pack off and on all day yesterday on my sore elbow and it helped! Something so simply and I didn't think to keep it in place with my ace bandage before.
Sean got his progress report and he has all 'A's and one 'B'. He had trouble with the class placement exam for Penn State and we are going to the Learning Center next week to talk to the lady about a 'tracking' program-whatever that is. It's not special classes, etc. I called the woman yesterday to let her know about how well Sean is doing in school, he's just a poor test taker, especially when he can't prepare for the test. She said kids have trouble moving from high school to college. I don't know why she said that, their test was designed for rocket scientists it was so difficult.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS