Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I love being an aunt

This past Sunday Sean and I went down to visit my mom and take her out to a few places, plus dinner. We had some gifts from Florida for her and my niece and nephew. After dinner we pulled up on the street where my brother and his family live (they live around the corner from my mom) and my niece Tori just stopped dead in her tracks she was so shocked to see us coming. The first thing she did was show us how she could ride on her bike down the sidewalk. We gave them their little token gifts plus I had found a Twister (the game) beach towel as I knew they were going to the beach the next weekend. They loved it. They kept excusing themselves to 'toot' because of all the bending over they were doing.
We hadn't planned to stay that long but my nephew was really grabbing at our heartstrings. He said, "Are you staying for dinner?"
No Kenny, we ate already.
"I really want you to stay a while."
We have to get going, but next time we'll stay longer, I promise.
Sniff...yeah, they are my baby brother's babies and I love them like I love him.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS