Saturday, November 27, 2004

Shopping maniacs...not me!

Black Friday-forget it! I went out one year to Target and it was crazy, so I vowed never to venture out on that day again. Is it just getting really insane or what? People out at 3 am waiting in line for hours to get gifts their kids don't even probably need or really want. It's not like when I was a kid-that sounds cliched, I know. I was one of 4 and the only girl. When we got toys for Christmas, we played with them until they wore out!
Having an 18 yr old, I really don't need to face the crowds anymore. I've been just as happy parking my butt in front of the computer and buying from favorite onlines stores like Amazon and Spilsbury. I plan to check Overstock.com and a few others this year too. I have a little niece and nephew, but I have gotten gifts for them already. I use to go overboard and their mom and dad got steamed. I have older nephews, but Circuit City or Best Buy gift cards will be fine for them.
I think we are forgetting the true meaning of Christmas with all this hustle and bustle. Personally, I prefer handmade gifts because the giver put time in the gift just for me.

1comments:

  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    You won't catch me at those sales, either. I know what you mean about "when I was a kid." We lived in the middle of nowhere and the nearest mall was 1.5-2 hours away. We went once around Christmas so my mom knew what we liked, then she'd go back at a later time without us so she could get it, which I think was pretty nice. My mom isn't exactly the type to go argue over the last item, either. If what I wanted wasn't there, I got something else and that was the way it was :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS