Thursday, January 04, 2007

You gotta have heart

"You gotta have heart,miles and miles of heart..." from the broadway show Damn Yankees
(a bow to my brother who sang that song in his senior play)

Anyway...I hung up my faux red berry wreath ($3.24-Happy Harry's Drugstore) and added a little heart(49¢) on my dark teal door to warm us up for Valentine's Day. I took down a few outside decorations and the stockings. Little Christmas is the 6th, but we may be going to Winterthur on their final day of displaying costumes from some historic movies. Kate Winslet's gowns are included. You can actually go here and see them online!I love seeing costumes. One of my fondest memories as a teen was going to John Wanamaker (I believe) in downtown Philadelphia and getting to see some costumes from 'The Ten Commandments (Anne Baxter's gauzy Egyptian gown), and many circus costumes from 'The Greatest Show on Earth'. They had 'True Grit' playing on a big screen for the gawkers entertainment. I guess the eye patch that John Wayne wore must have been there. That was easily about 32+ yrs ago.



My living room is more like a Victorian parlor and I bought this stained glass floor lamp a few years ago. My mother-in-law had one and I loved it, so I decided to get this. I am thinking about changing that room a little. I saw a circular sofa on Extreme Makeover:Home Edition that separates in three sections. Why couldn't we have a little flat screen tv over the fireplace? And I want to put marble on the brick over the fireplace. (dreamer)

3comments:

  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    That wreath stands out so nicely on your green door. Did you get the wreath at JoAnne's? I saw some that were very similar there.

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful lamp!
    So fun finding your blog, because you found mine through Zoey! Don't you just the blogging community!
    I will be back!

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Oh Dianne, I just love that wreath and how you turned it into a Valentine wreath just by adding that ornament on it!! Gorgeous!! I may just have to steal that idea ya know!! hehe That lamp really is lovely...it's funny how we tend to want to reorganize things when a new year starts! The last couple of days I've been on a "decluttering" rampage and getting rid of a bunch of stuff...the charity shops will love me! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS