Saturday, January 06, 2007

Welcoming spring?


The weatherman all say 'El Nino'. It was so weird to open the front door on Jan. 6th and have it feel like May outside with almost 70 degree temps. The Mummers got to strut their stuff down on Broad Street near City Hill in Philly after not being able to last weekend. We don't go to the parade, but got to watch it a bit on tv. A friend in Philly said her three kids were suppose to be in the first part of it with the comic division and I hope they did! I was getting a kick out of seeing news reporter Vince DeMentri trying on all the Captain's fancy hats.
Vince and me at a Tech show where NBC10 was a sponsor back in Nov 03 (I darkened this as my makeup was so pale next to his tan complexion, my hair isn't black!). He and his coworkers were all very nice.

Courtesy of the Golden Sunrise Mummer's band
We were taking down Christmas stuff today. Brian did the lights outside and I did the things in the family room. The tree is still up and will slowly come down this week coming up. I'm not rushing anything. : )
For a change I pulled out some yarn and a crochet hook. I was originally going to crochet some Mary Jane slippers for Tori my niece, but the directions were for women size feet. So I made one and it fits me. I'll have to make the other one and than adjust to a little girl's foot. I'll also have to get more of the ruby color so they will remind her of Dorothy's ruby slippers from 'The Wizard of Oz', my original intention. I should get some yarn with sparkles through it!

1comments:

  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I had never heard of the Mummers Parade until I met a guy from Philly online about 5 years ago. He told me about it and even sent me a video tape of the parade that year:-) It looks to be a fabulous and fun parade!! xox

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS