Sunday, December 10, 2006

Mosaic ornaments

I started these before Thanksgiving and just got around to grouting four of them yesterday. The round ones are plastic ball which I only found on eBay, not in any craft stores. If you see them anywhere, let me know. The flat glass ones are much easier to make. There must be a system to doing the round ones, like just do the top first and then the bottoms. But the tiles tend to come off the round ones more. I really dislike crafting on my dining room table, but I have no where else to do it-yet. I am eyeing up that room in the basement! Now for someone who made mud pies when she was little, mosaics is messy fun for me! The guys were like, wow that's really messy. I plan on embellishing them with ribbons, I'll have to see what looks nice.

The grout gets its tint from acrylic paint. The green round ornie is dry and the pink one was done this morning. I add little stars, etc and glitter to the wet grout. The two flat ones shaped like ornaments are also dry. I just glued the 'window' shaped ones this morning. I think they really look like stained glass windows.

Close up of the green ornament, which is sideways! I forgot to flip the photo!

3comments:

  • At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What an absolutely gorgeous and fascinating way to craft ornies, Coz!

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I've never seen anyone make these before...they really are gorgeous!! Such a nice feeling when you can hang an ornament on the tree that you made yourself:-) Beautiful!!

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    What a unique ornament! I've never seen mosiacs on ornies before. I bet the marbles really reflect the light.

    Your blue tree looks beautiful. Do you have light blue lights on it? I have to go back and click on it to see if I can enlarge to see it better. :) Great job!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS