Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I need flowers all year round

Also for Works for me Wednesday....
Waiting on the red amaryllis in the new kitchen garden window. I found two more bulbs in my basement and they won't give me any blooms, they are just sprouting leaves. I wonder why? Anyone know? (see one of them in the left corner there).
I had to show you the blooms on one of my many African Violets. So pretty. I usually treat these plants very poorly-sorry gals (they are too pretty to be boys). A few times a year, they get their leaves trimmed and some get repotted. I will give them plant food once a month. I guess this is my reward.
I also love Christmas cacti- I showed you one that was blooming last month.
I'm doing better. My tummy is still wondering what happened. It's gurgling like crazy. I've been doctoring it with Activia yogurt and some bland food. I really need to get to the post office soon as I don't want to be in the mile long lines next week. I almost went today, but decided I didn't want to risk feeling funny. I am going to get my hair done in a few hours if all is well after dinner. The hair stylist is about a 1 mile away from here and I just have to sit there and be patient. Hair fixin' does a girl good!

2comments:

  • At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I got my hair cut and styled today - it does feel great!! Glad you're feeling better Dianne, and hope you're totally back to normal soon. :D

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I've just caught up with all your posts...so sorry to hear that you had that dreaded bug!! I hope I can stay away from it, don't have time to be sick! lol I just love your feather wreath and tree...that is just so unusual and I had never heard of that before!! A wonderful way to hang those special ornaments:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS