Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Family connection

I got an email from my father's half brother today. I have never met or talked to him ever, but he got my email from our cousin Ann who I correspond with. I won't go into it, but it was about my estranged father. I think I answered his question and I also shared some of the family photos that I shared with you. I said he could share them with my father if he wanted to.
So exactly a year ago, a cousin from my mom's side of the family had left a comment on blogger wondering who I was (I like to look up posts from a year or two ago). I had written a post about his grandmom and he had googled her name (I guess) and my blogger post came up.
The internet is a great way to connect with new people and family and even those you have wondered about.
I thought it would be interesting to put up a few names of people from the past to see if they google themselves. If you get to my post, please say 'hello'. All are from the Philadelphia area.
Phil Heaver
Valerie Henschel
John Voelker (WCU)
Donna DiDomenico
Amy and Jessica Nackord
Andrea DeBeacke or DeBecke (I think the spelling is incorrect)
Amy Troy
Michelle Bendo
Regina Naab
Olivia Pettengill Maple
Kathy Clancy

3comments:

  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    What a neat idea, Dianne!

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    It certaily is wonderful how the internet can connect families that were long thought lost! Great idea to put their names on your blog...I might borrow that idea for some friends I've been trying to find for years:-)

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Thanksgiving Dianne!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS