Sunday, November 19, 2006

Truly Blest-part 1

I really am blest with friends I've met over the internet in the last 9 years. This past year, I've met some new pals, mainly through Blogger and Cyberstitchers. I had no idea I'd be surprised with goodies time and time again over the last few days.
First 'Pea' (Pea's Corner) from Canada sent me a package. I told her I'd wait until today to open it. I need to take a photo, but it is the sweetest petite perfume bottle, shaped like a heart with a faceted round topper and little jewels on the sides. The box is pretty too! Thanks Pea/C!
Barbara from The Netherlands (Mainly Stitching) and Carol from N. Hampshire (A Garden of Stitches) both surprised me with cross stitched scissor fobs they made with their own two hands. Their creativity shines through each stitch and how the fob is assembled. I borrowed their shots from their blogs. Barb also sent a nice English stitching magazine, 2 quarters of Christmas fabric and some pretty stitching fabric. I also want to thank Carol for trying to find some info on NH for Sean for a paper.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
From Carol
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
From Barbara

Charlotte from Ireland sent me peach and white roses (and another kind of flower) in a blue pitcher. These touched me as I know she's been flat on her back, literally after back surgery.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Karin for Illinois sent me the JT Cmas CD (Bri gave it to me also), cute greeting cards with a little girl who is gardening and a roll-up case for a project.
Angela from NY sent me a lovely long scarf she made-red silk-like material with beads on the end. Also a little folk angel and a stained glass butterfly pot hanger.
Terri from Alabama sent me a Harry and David cheesecake 'sampler'-pure heaven!
Joy from Washington sent goodies from where she works-Drugstore.com-Bert's Bees items in a pouch, Badger hand balm and a catnip mat for Cosmo! I think she looked at my wishlist there! ; )
Sean gave me two CDS-Sarah MacLachlan's Cmas and Bianca Ryan's debut (I mentioned in my previous post).
Bri gave me two necklaces-a 'D' with a little diamond, a big 'O' with diamond-like rhinestones; Chocolates in a cute tin, a little teapot with bear figurine from Boyd's and the JT CD which I will exchange. I will post more photos later.
I am going to Ken's at 4 and hopefully all my siblings (3 brothers) will be there. Dave, the oldest, may have to work.
My mom isn't well today with tummy problems, so I hope she'll be better by then. I am ok today, at least my ears seem better. Let's just say hormones can play tricks with you!
So from the bottom of my heart, I appreciate you all, not just for your thoughtfulness, but because you are YOU!!!!

9comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Happy Birthday again Dianne!!! I'm so glad you like the little perfume bottle, I fell in love with it when I saw it and was hoping it was something you'd like too:-) Sounds like you were thoroughly spoiled...well deserved I might add...and having a wonderful birthday so far! Enjoy your day my friend xoxo

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    Happy birthday Dianne! It sounds like you were spoiled rotten! That's good, 'cos now I don't have to feel so bad about sending my gift to you a bit late. It should arrive soon, though!
    I hope you have a great day!

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Happy Birthday!!

    Miss Pea sent me over here to send you wishes!

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Wow, Dianne, it sounds like a blockbuster birthday! Hooray!! So glad you've been enjoying a great day, and I hope it just gets better with your brothers and mom.

    On a side note, I tried the celebrity look-alike thing that you've got in your sidebar and I looked like ... no one! They couldn't find any matches! I must look even weirder than I thought. LOL

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    Happy Birthday Dianne!

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday!!! I found you via Peame

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oops, I mean Pea not peame

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Sharon said…

    A very Happy birthday to you Dianne! You received some fabulous gifts-everything sounds and looks wonderful. Best wishes for many, many more.

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Anne S said…

    Happy belated birthday! All your gifts are truly beautiful :D Hope you manage to get over the bladder infection quickly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS