Saturday, August 12, 2006

A study in gardening


Today I ripped all of the cosmos out of this bed. I wish I had done that sooner as I really didn't appreciate the gladiolus on the other side (not shown) as they were consumed by the cosmos. We planted all the box hedges and I planted 10 new iris rhizomes. They are one of the easier flowers to put in.

The zinnia and cosmos bed-they are over 5 feet tall! The butterflies are just loving it out there.

The raspberry color of the Gaura looks neat against the mica flecked rock!

This is Caryopteris (Bluebeard spirea) next to a Purple Majesty ornamental millet plant.

1comments:

  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Did you get all those zinnia and cosmos to grow from seed?

    If so, you must have some special seed powers or something. I planted a bunch of them in three or four areas in the ground and I don't have even one zinnia (except for the few in the container on the deck).
    You are the seed Queen!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS