Thursday, July 27, 2006

Winding down

I guess things are running more on an even keel. My uncle is improving, but he needs to go to a rehab center for physical therapy, etc. He was a very sick man. We were worried he'd put up a fight, but he resigned himself to the fact that there is no one who can be his caregiver 24/7. He needs to be monitored because only one artery was cleared. He still could have a heart attack. If he's a good boy and takes all his meds, he could live an extra 5-7 years. Not a bad prognosis for an 83 yr old. He is just like his mother, that one.
I went to my mom's yesterday with a new screenhouse. It's for next year. I couldn't pass up a sale-a $100 house for $40! I also wanted to see my niece and nephew, so I poked my head in their door. Their kitchen looks so ultra-modern! They had got a tan tiled floor, set on the diagonal. They had the templates made for the countertops. I am sure they will be able to use it in about a month. They've been waiting since about last October! My brother had set up a kitchen in the basement-he's so clever.
We had the septic tank looked at-got a new automatic drain thingie ma jigger. Brian said it's still not working 'automatically'. I made him call the serviceman and he said the water needs to be up more before it drains. Brian wasn't waiting patiently. I hope it works correctly when he gets home.
We got a new phone in the mail with a dual handset. So now I have a phone in the kitchen and one in the family room. There were so many cords that Sean and I had trouble figuring it out. Brian isn't organized with his cords at all. Our other cordless phone was awful-it's battery wore out within a few months time. Now I have to buy two phone batteries! I don't think the extra phone will get as much use as the main one.
Chilling out today. Hope you are too.

3comments:

  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Good to hear that your uncle is realizing that he needs help and can't do what he used to do years ago. Sometimes it's very hard to change ones lifestyle but if you have no choice, then you do it! Wow great price you got the screenhouse for...I love sales like that:-)

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    Chilling out? NO way. Although the weather is slightly more bearable, the heat inside the house is infernal. I hope your uncle will continue to do better!
    I enjoyed your garden pics this week. Nice lily! I've got one too. Actually, I've lost count of how many flowers have already opened. I believe I saw the eighth and ninth bulb coming up!

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Hanna said…

    My grandpa has had heart problems all his life and the doctors have been saying for decades that he would only live a few more years. Your Uncle sounds like a fiesty guy. I bet he goes longer than the drs could ever dream. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS