Thursday, June 22, 2006

Yum recipe

Smothered Chicken
Take some boneless chicken sprinkled with lemon pepper and salt and brown it with bacon (I used the pre-cooked bacon) in some oil. After the chicken is cooked, take it and the bacon out and sautee sliced onion in some brown sugar (in the same pan) until onion is golden or caramelized. Top the chicken with the bacon, onion and Monterey Jack cheese. This was from a Taste of Home magazine-special edition.
The guys loved it! The brown sugar gave the topping a bit of a sweet taste. I'll be sharing more recipes and food photos with you to motivate myself to cook more. In the summer I find I am just too interested in the gardens to cook much. I do love to use homegrown produce in new recipes.

3comments:

  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    That does look good.
    How do you like cooking on your new stove?
    Did you have to buy new pans?

    I know what you mean about not cooking as much in the summer. Last night I ate cheese popcorn for dinner instead of cooking anything.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    I do like my new stove! It's easy to clean when it cools down. I just bought the pots and pans shown for myself last November as a birthday gift. The cookware has to be perfectly flat on the bottom to work well on the stove.

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Sounds very yummy so I've written it down. I subscribe to the Taste Of Home magazine and have tried out so many new recipes from it. I try not to cook too much in the house in the summer, use the barbecue an awful lot, though! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS