Thursday, February 09, 2006

Wasted the evening on the Grammys

That was more like a wild concert than an awards show. I was watching for James Taylor who read along with Bonnie Raitt, the album of the year nominees. He looks damn good as did Bonnie and Sir Paul McCartney.
Now I would like to kick both Madonna and Terri Hatcher in the butts for overexposure and not acting like dignified 40-something ladies. At least think of your kids gals! Madonna was strutting around in a gymastic style leotard. We get it, you are flexible for an old broad of 47! And Terri came out in a black filmy number with black hot pants underneath. Lots of smudgey and slutty looking eye make-up too. Even Mariah looked nicer by keep her girls tucked in tonight.
The last number with all the jazzy/folky singers was good-Bonnie sang along. Someday I will get to see her in person.
Speaking of concerts-Hall & Oates are coming home to the Philly area (Tower Theatre) in March. I'll have to see if Brian would want to see them, but the neighborhood is not a nice one where the theatre is located.

3comments:

  • At 3:45 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    Hear, hear, Dianne. Couldn't agree more with you on the Grammy theme. I also liked to read your listing of events and how old you were when they occurred. It does make you stop and think, doesn't it?

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Dianne & Annemarie, I followed the link on the how-old link and well, it just made me feel OLD!

    Didn't see the Grammys. I guess Madonna feels like "if you've got it, strut it". If I looked like that, maybe I would strut it too...

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    I guess if I had a personal trainer sculpting this sorry body, I'd strut my stuff too. ; )
    Madonna is recuperated well from her horse injury.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS