Saturday, February 04, 2006

A ghostly night


Sean was watching a show on the Travel Channel about ghost hunters. They actually talked about orbs at one point. I have a mystery 'orb' photo I took last July and this prompted me to google a ghost hunter. I actually emailed the guy! He wanted a lot of background info like this:

A brief explanation of each photo. This is untouched. I still have the original on the camera. The second shot is a zoom in of the orb.
Your name- Dianne C.
The type camera used. (35mm, digital, etc.)-Canon Powershot s30

Where the photo was taken , PA- in my backyard at 6-7 pm in the middle of July, 2005. I had been out there taking photos of the butterfly bush seen in the photo.
Were there any other significant occurrences at the time the photo was taken? (i.e., meter readings, sensations, cold spots, etc.)
Just the last part of the day. Not really paying attention to the bench in the shot. The bench is plastic and doesn't have any reflection value. The bench is about 6-7 feet from the window. There are no pink things in that area. I have a glazing ball, but it has a pale yellow crackled finished glass and not in this direct area. I went out at the same time in the following day or so and tried to replicate the photo and no orb showed up. The flash did go off in this shot.. I was about 15 or so feet away from the bench and was using the zoom. I have never seen anything else like this in any of my other photos taken with this camera.
What is the known history of the location where this photo was taken? (i.e., historical, folklore, personal experiences, etc.)
The previous owner (a man) died in the house.
Weather conditions at the time of the photo. (rain, fog, clear, etc.)
Pretty clear, not really hot if I recall.
Can we post your e-mail address or website (if available) with the photo description? Yes.


Here is the close-up of the photo, I call it my fairy bubble. There is nothing pink around the yard in that area and my back was to the sun. It looks like it has landed on the edge of the bench.

Sean was looking at an abandoned hospital where there are about 8-9 webcams set up. I had seen these site before and swear I saw an apparition at one time. Here is Sean's capture screen. When I had this in PSP to cut out the section we wanted, the middle part definitely had more 'smeared pixels' and green and purple blotches.

I circled roughly where I see a face. At first we saw a figure, but I definitely see hollowed eyes and a mouth. It's rather like that Victorian drawing of the lady sitting at a dressing table-do you see a lady brushing her hair or do you see a skull? It's what your mind sees in these kinds of photos.


So then he almost feel off the chair when he saw this on a Hell's Kitchen webcam in an old apartment building:


Not to worry, this hollow-eyed green apparition 'shows up' about every 10 minutes. Very funny, right?
We did watch the Gettysburg battlefield one pointing into McPherson's woods. There was a red dot for a while and then two small dots. Maybe a raccoon or something, but it was pitch black.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS