Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Moving along

We just gave the go-ahead to the lady who explained the Home Equity Loan to us last Thursday. She is an excellent banker and they were letting us have a 20 yr payback, whereas our bank would only go to 15, but preferred 5. So we will be getting all this paperwork to read, lucky us. We need to get the taxes out of the way so we can work on Sean's financial aid for school. Lots of 'fun' stuff indeed!
I feel like I am moving in slow motion at times though. Some days I have energy to do laundry, etc. while other days I sit like a bump on a log. I do feel so much better when I can go outside to walk around or pull weeds. I think Lyme Disease never goes away completely. I have had inflammation in different areas all over my body. I hurt one day in my elbow, and I am fine the next day.
Spring can't get here fast enough.
Stitchingwise-I started the design of Independence Hall as mentioned earlier. The steeple part looks really nice. As I was working on this, the show 'Surface' had it's season finale (I stitch while watching tv). The last shot showed the main characters after a tidal wave hit Wilmington, NC. They found 'high ground' in a church's steeple! Cool coincidence.
Anyway, I was going to share the patterns from this 30 yr old famous landmark book, but I didn't get any requests. Someone did a place in Tennessee that I've never heard of and the design was a big red blob of a building. I would have looked much harder before I picked that one. I would never pick something because it looked easy or I couldn't find anything else. I just would ask someone for a pattern. Go figure. Ok, I have PMS, I can ramble. ; )

2comments:

  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I'm hopeless with that sort of paperwork. It would sit on my desk, untouched, till the last moment, and then I'd be consumed by guilt and panic and sit up all night trying to read it and make sense of it all. UGH! Good luck to you guys, and keep us posted!

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    No I don't believe it was a harsh comment. When you are doing a special themed quilt and are an experienced stitcher then more is expected of you. It was not a good choice by the other stitcher. I'd say most of what she stitches are good choices, but the one I described is going to stand out like a sore thumb. That's why I offered a beautiful book for anyone to borrow. Other people had patterns to make these all blend together too.
    I do know what charity means as I've given away over 30 squares in the last 7 yrs. I doubt you have. And I was never not proud of what I sent as I carefully chose the design to suit the recipient. I'm just saying not to stitch for the sake of stitching for someone. Think about what you chose or ask what others think.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS