Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Finally hooked up

I just had to wait a long time to be able to post. It was slower than the dial-up. Perhaps when all the AOL stuff is removed, we'll see a difference. The videos looks good, just like watching tv!
We had our share of problems, which I anticipated. Brian and I were both on the phone with tech support. He couldn't get online and I couldn't get to the email. Now they are figured out. They didn't hook up the voice over internet, so that will be another service call on Jan. 3rd for that.
The cable guy complained about getting the cable up through the attic, but to me it didn't seem like it took that long.
While they were here, I made chicken corn chowder (not bad, could have had more of a chicken taste to the broth-I had to add veggie broth to my homemade broth to stretch it out a bit) and some cranberry orange muffins (from a mix). Wow-I'm cooking a lot lately!
More tomorrow.
~Update!~
Comcast is running much faster today. I was looking at my email within seconds, same with webpages. Maybe we just needed to get our account 'verified'. ; )
I noticed that '8' AOL things startup when the computer starts up. So when we lose that, getting booted up to use the internet should be much faster!
The only thing was a weird http addy in the address line that no one looked at. Hmmm.
Today I get my hair done, so I'll truly feel ready for Christmas!

1comments:

  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Congrats on finally getting hooked up!!!

    The word verification is kind of like a word today: "senzdt". Sounds like some kind of UPS copycat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS