Friday, December 16, 2005

Did I say broadband?

Man what a hassle! We cleaned out half of the closet (I found a lot of gloves and cute hats plus a few coats I haven't worn in a while) for the cable guy. Brian was up in the attic last night and said if the guy looked for the light fixture up there under the insulation he could drill a hole and drop the cable right through next it (top of closet). There's already a hole in the side wall of the closet for the speaker wire. The guy showed up about 3:15 and I showed him where the computer was and he asked where the cable was. I reminded him we don't have cable, we have a dish. You guessed it, they are coming back on Tuesday and it's a long drawn out process of running a few hundred feet of cable to our house, through the attic and to the computer. I could kick some butt!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I heard from my friend Karin who is in Nice, France on a cooking school trip. She is disappointed with the hotel but loves the scenery and the cooking school's creative student chefs. She went to Monaco and blew some Euros at the slots. I guess she is also going to Cannes, but over the weekend she'll have free time to sightsee. What a neat trip. I can't wait to hear all about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow I'll probably wrap gifts. Our bedroom is the storage room and I am running out of room to walk around. It looks so bare under the tree anyway.

1comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I haven't had the best experience with French hotels either. (shudder!) One place you don't want to try to go 'budget' that's all I can say.

    Hope your broadband woes are soon put to rest!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS