Thursday, October 27, 2005

It's been a rather long week

I just drove my mom home today. She was to stay overnight on Monday, but turned her visit into a 3-day one. I don't really have any problem with this. I do like to observe her and try to get food into her. I am definitely mothering my Mother now. She decided she wanted to sleep on the sofa for 3 nights. It would have been better for her to be in the back room, but she didn't want to sleep there. I have noticed a change in Mom, not that good of a change. Like when she takes her pain pills she like almost passes out if she is semi-sitting on the sofa. She says some funny things. She told me that I should run all my glassware that I display on the window through the dishwasher. Her appetite is terrible. She did eat all her dinner last night plus a piece of Sean's ice cream cake. Today she only ate oatmeal and about 2 McNuggets and fries. I felt bad leaving her after I left her house because her voice just had to crack when she said 'good-bye' and I got wet eyes for a good 15 minutes or so driving in the work traffic home.

2comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Dianne, my heart goes out to you. It is very difficult to watch our parents age. So far my parents are in good health, but I know it is just a matter of time. I am NOT looking forward to becoming the parent. You seem to take very good care of your mom. I hope I do as well when my turn comes.

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Thanks for your kind words Zoey. I know things will be changing in the next 5 yrs or so. Mom lives in the house I grew up in and rents out a room to an old friend who lost his house. Unfortunately the friend isn't handy or can do anything around the house.
    Old age in general sucks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS