Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Pin cushions

These are some pin cushions I made over the weekend. I had a bad night Friday night (had insomnia) so it was nice to sit at the table and do something creative. The round pin cushion isn't actually finished yet. I will probably add some ribbon to the edge. I took a candy tin and spray painted it a tan color. There are two layers of batting so there is something to stick the needles into. It is a Prairie Schooler freebie called 'Stick it Here'.
The other pin cushions are so easy to make! The bottoms are a spool of thread. Don't pick up the ones that cost $2.50 each like I did! The tops are half a styrofoam ball cover with fabric. The red one has a little glass 'drop' with a mushroom inside that someone sent me when I ordered a handmade glass item from them. I thought it looked cute hanging from this. Mom saw them and asked if she could have one! I plan to make more!
My mom stayed overnight and will probably be here another night. She needed to get away from her house, plus she got to go to the Olive Garden with us!

4comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Love the hedgehog!

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Nice to see the hedgehog! I have to make mine into it's final ... whatever ... soon. Not sure if it will be a needlecase or a pincushion.

    I'm glad your mom stayed over. How's she feeing? Beginning to recover?

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Nancy in IL said…

    All of them are ADORABLE, but you know me and my sharing the love of Prairie Schooler designs with you. I ADORE the tin AND the pattern. I recently printed it for myself. The Brittish love the hedgehog patterns, but so do I. I do believe Knowles is an English surname???

    Great job, Dianne!

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Yes Knowles is very English, dear Nance. My 'forefathers' (probably yours too)came over to the New England area in the mid 1600s! Cool, huh?
    Glad you liked the hedgehog. Sean said it looked so good that he thought I had bought it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS