Thursday, October 20, 2005

Stitching Blogger Questions

I'm doing two questions in one week:
How do you `non-hoopists' who use a rotation system handle it (as it seems to be lot easier if you are in good terms with hoop)? Do you have several scroll frames? Do you use Q-snaps or maybe something completely different? Or do you just have one or two big projects and others are small enough to be kept in hand while stitching?
I have about 4 sets Q-snaps. I can only enjoy and handle the smaller ones that are about 12"x12". If I am working on an ornament I stitch in hand which is difficult for me. I do have a scroll frame that I should try to utilize for bigger pieces.

Do you mark or hi-lite your patterns or can you follow them without any markings? Do you make copies to mark up, or do you mark originals?
No, I put the pattern in a see-through
plastic sleeve and use either a post-it or piece of tacky masking tape to guide me. To make it easier, I try to do a bunch of the same color stitches at a time. I can usually follow smaller patterns no bigger than 4" without marking my spot.

Not much new in the stitching dept. I did finish a freebie from Prairie Schooler called 'Stick it Here'. Thanks to Barbara for that. I am going to apply it to the lid of a round tin. Before I do that, I will spray paint the tin a tan color. I got a nice neutral color so I can use it on the other tins I have.
I am alternating the two Love Quilt squares due early next year. I am bored to tears with the train engine. I will persevere because I am adding a special touch to it. I'll share it when I complete it. I am also doing a cute bear from a UK magazine. I just frogged it a bit tonight, but I love doing this one. I am working on a few little things too, but I can't tell you what they are until the holidays are over.
I think a stitching question should be-" Do you know all the DMC colors by their numbers?" I sure do. I was in Walmart yesterday and I always pick up a few and I decided I needed '611' and '612' (browns) two colors that The Prairie Schooler patterns use. I really could have grabbed a '844' too. : )

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS