Saturday, July 23, 2005

My son the almost lobster...


Will kids ever listen? Sean went to the beach with some friends today. They went down in Ocean City, Maryland about 2.5-3 hours from here. I was putting sunscreen on his linen white back at 7 am. He came home here at 9:30pm all splotchy red and lobster like. I had recommended he keep his shirt on or wrap a towel around himself. I recommended water and snacks. He drank the solo bottle of water he took, but had no snacks and went about 7 hours without eating. Knowing him, he must have been starving! We eat 3 square meals, not 3 fancy squares, but we try to eat every 4-5 hours. I think he had a good time. He needed this so bad. He can learn from his mistakes with the sunscreen and snack packing.
Brian and I hung out today together. He rototilled a half moon around my circle of zinnias and cosmos so I could plant the various bearded iris rhizomes I have and am expecting next month. I miss them so much that I decided to get more and plant them in a place where I can dig them up when they need dividing. Plus they will bloom first and then the flowers seeds will follow.
I sat on the lounge chair and started a new novel! Yeah! It was lent to me by my mom and I opened it up and out fell the directions for the screen house we had so much trouble trying to assembly on the 3rd.
Brian and I went up to Kennett Square and were going to try this one restaurant out and decided on another and then we just got nachos and salads. I had a piece of coconut torte too. I love trying desserts. The food was ok. When we got home, he found a few coupons for the restaurant in a monthly coupon book that we get. We'll have to try their brunch some Sunday and use the coupon. There was a 'hot' waiter in there who looked like a blue-eyed Matt LaBlanc (from friends). If you don't look you're dead, ya know? LOL
I'll probably head off to mom's in the morning to see what I can do for her. I hope it's not food shopping.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS