Thursday, July 21, 2005

Don't drink cherry coke at 8 pm

I am getting tired, I swear. Stop shaking your heads at the late hour of this post. I was also overdoing it after dinner as it was the first 'tolerable' evening in many to go outside and weed.
We either need a new battery for the riding mower or a new mower. I am hoping it's the first. Sean tried to cut the grass in the late afternoon and it wouldn't turn over. Brian came home from work and jump started it. So we had a later dinner of Acme fried chicken, potato salad and steamed broccoli rabe (we haven't been eating that many greens lately). The mower also dies if it overheats. If we could wait until September or so...end of the season sales then.
So first I weed whacked the back and up one side of the house and I pooped out. They I pulled out these long pieces of grass out of the middle of plants, along borders, it's everywhere! I planted some white salvia in an almost all white garden. The poor cell pack sat there for a few weeks and even wilted a few times.
Going back to around 3, I did get to the post office to mail off a few eBay things. I sold a cute salt and pepper set of Pussyfoot and Marc Anthony (the Looney Tune characters) for
$42! Yippee. I made an excellent profit on it.
Brian's cousin's daughter waited on me in the Acme. She is 3 months older than Sean but is a Sophomore at Kutztown. We chatted a bit. Seems she was a little wild as a Freshman. (No, she didn't tell me this, Sean did).
My Sean doesn't want to drink at all. I even offered to have him try a beer at home and he said he's not interested in drinking. He says why would people drink enough to make them pass out? I told him if he is afraid of people making fun of him for not drinking to say he's either the designated driver or he's allergic to alcohol. Peer pressure stinks. I am sure he'll do fine though.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS