Sunday, July 17, 2005

Cross stitching update

I do have my blog listed in a cross stitching web ring, so I am sure the xs readers would like to know what I am up to. I have been working diligently on a quilt square for an 11 yr old girl in renal (kidney) failure that's due at the end of the month. It's a design of whimsical wildflowers and it says under the flowers 'may all your weeds be wildflowers'. I am about 3/4s of the way through and should get it done by the end of the week. I'll post a photo too.

Some of the stitcher's blog questions-if I have a commitment (see above) I work my tail off to get it done. It drives me crazy sometimes, like in the summertime when I am outside quite a bit, but it's also a thrill to know that I am making a smaller piece as part of a bigger item, the quilt.

Another question was if I prefer evenweave over aida. Evenweave is fine, but I don't mind the big holes in the aida fabric. Things work up faster too.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS