Thursday, June 23, 2005

Things aren't too bad right now

It was Bri and my follow-up visit today to check out our bloodwork from last week. I was pretty good all day until an hour before our appointment. The weigh in is the worse to me. I was feeling bloated all week and nothing fit right. Bri and I went in together to see the PA (physician's assistant) and held our breath. I guess you generally know how you feel most of the time. Well my cholesterol was about 146 but my triglyerides were again borderline high. The good news is that my liver function tests were normal. Thank goodness! The PA didn't think I needed to get the AMAs (anti-mitrochrondrial antibodies) checked if the LFTs were in the normal range. She will send them along to the GI doc for evaluation.
What's really excellent is that Brian's cholesterol and triglyerides came down quite a bit from last year but are still higher than they should be. It's the fish oil people! He's been taking fish oil capsules for about 6 months. I should take it. I just don't want to take 1,000 mgs of it. He says it gaves him tummy trouble sometimes. That I don't need.
If we can work on the above and throw some exercise in there, we are doing pretty good for middle-agers. I have a few more doctors to see this summer-gyn, dentist, eye doctor, but I have to keep optimist about those upcoming visits and just get through them.

1comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS