Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Super Size Me!

Not exactly the best documentary to watch after you've eaten the food scorned by the producer of Super Size Me. Morgan decided to eat at McDonald's for 3 meals each day for an entire month. He wanted to see if a court case against McDonald's (by two teenage girls) was worth sueing this world force fast food restaurant for. Morgan threw up after he finished his first 'Super sized' meal. Morgan kept eating and eating. He went from being a healthy 30 something man who weighed 185 to a sickly guy who weighed 209 pounds. His liver was ailing badly. His cholesterol was through the roof. As a footnote at the end it said it took him only one month to put on 24 pounds and 15 months to get it off.
Is this more than a wake up call for so many of us? This guy was consuming tons of sugar along with the massive doses of fat.
I have to admit I like a fast food burger maybe once or twice a month. I could go for pizza over burgers anytime. I prefer the broiled Burger King Jr. Whoppers. I like McDs fries better. My favorite is Wendy's Crispy chicken sandwich. I am overweight, but I have been around the same weight for years. My blood pressure is good (usually) and my cholesterol was borderline high last year. Brian's was high. We are going to the doctor tomorrow to see what our bloodwork shows. Always scary to me.
One of the doctors said it's okay to eat at these kind of restaurants once in a while. Sometimes it's just too easy to drive on through and get a sack of fat. But I have to say this was an eye opener. I didn't look when the man who drank 4 gallons of soda a day was getting a gastro bypass operation.
I say eat sensibly and move your butt by gardening, walking and doing exercises. That's the only way to be fit. I should live by my own words.

1comments:

  • At 5:47 AM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I saw this guy on TV a few months ago. I am glad I do not like any of the fast food restaurants (with the exception of McD's fries--when hot, they are the best). Of course, I do like a lot of other junk food, especially ICE CREAM, been eating that 3 or 4 times a week lately.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS