Monday, June 27, 2005

Thanks for the rain

Just when I thought I couldn't lug another watering can to another hanging planter, the skies opened up today. Thanks to my pal Charlotte who probably sent it our way from Ireland. She was talking about expecting rain there last week.
I love walking around in weather like this. It's not pouring rain, we are having spurts of rain. I was hand pulling weeds as I walked around earlier as the earth was now damp instead of holding those buggers in like cement.
We went over to my father-in-law's yesterday to give him some belated birthday gifts. When you don't know what to get, get a basket of food. Older people love that. Brian had gone with me to the store and we picked out a few things we knew his dad liked but probably rarely bought as a treat. We all looked nice, I even wore a new aquamarine colored skirt, a neat crochet type top and pretty shoes and beads hoping we were taking his dad out to eat. No, as usual, he didn't want to go out. We ended up at Boston Fart-ket, I mean Market ( that food made us so gassy) and we brought him a platter back and he ate all by himself. Dad-o was trying to push some 20 yr old Estee Lauder make-up off on me that had sat on the back of a toilet all those years. What a nice gesture, like I am only good enough to offer old stuff to, but he won't say I look nice.
We also stopped in the 90 degree heat and bought him a large, beautiful pot of golden dahlias and a smaller pot of marigolds. Sometime this summer, we will paint the trim on his porch too. Our other gifts were a wheelbarrow and a shovel that dad-o wanted.
Later dad-o told Brian to go check out the 'tiles in the bathroom'. Hmmm....did he finally Mop&Glo the small floor? No, he got taken in by an infrommercial that was hawking tile restoring stuff. The damn grout he was restoring is suppose to be terra cotta colored! I don't know if he ruined what he did or not but it has a milky white coating over it now. Instead of worrying about stuff like that, he should get his yard tidied up. Hire someone-save your money. Talk about eccentric.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS