Friday, June 24, 2005

Local tragedy

There had been three little boys missing in Camden, NJ since Wednesday night. They were 11, 6 and 5. Tonight they were found dead in an abandoned car that the police said they had checked the first night they were missing. So everyone is wondering if the police checked the trunk (the car was right next to one of the boy's home in a grassy lot) or that someone killed them and snuck them in the trunk. This is so sad.
I never let Sean play outside by himself when he was young. Why were those little boys with an 11 year old? Why didn't the older one have sense not to get into a trunk of a car? So many questions. You would think someone would hear them kicking on the lid of the trunk if they got stuck in there. It's been warm here too. I just hope there isn't foul play involved.
Sean rented 'Ladder 49' the Joaquin Phoenix (really 'his' movie) and John Travolta movie. The ending wasn't what I expected, so I was bummed about that and then had to hear about the little Camden boys made me feel terrible for their families.
Earlier I was surfing from a James Taylor link (he is on the AOL screen tonight) and was reading up on Sally (JTs daughter) foundation called 'The Tranquility Project' which is to help do away with land minds around the world. The late Princess Diana was an advocate about this. Good work Sally and good luck with your natural food line called 'Sally in the Raw'. She's a cool lady. I had the privilege to see her in a free concert with her band a few years ago. I must be a long, lost cousin of that family because I feel so akin with many of them.
I'm following Abby's blog about a 16 yr old guy named Zach down in Memphis who 'came out', telling his parents he was gay and only having them toss him in a place to 'get the gay' out of him called 'Love in Action' which is a load of crap. There's a big protest going on to 'Free Zach'. I hope it at least helps to get him out of there and closes the place down.

2comments:

  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Sad about those kids. I heard the oldest was mentally challenged and had the mind of a 4-year-old, which is probably how the whole thing happened. Poor kids.

    We've been discussing the "straight camp," as we call it, at my childfree boards. Many childfree are also very liberal and we are very upset about this whole thing. The guy wanted to be honest with his parents and this is the way he's treated. I don't understand it.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    I didn't know the older boy was mentally challenged until today. Still, why wasn't he and the little ones being monitored more carefully? It only takes a second for something bad to happen.
    I've written to Zach and signed the petition, but the only way it looks like he will get out of the camp is if it is shut down.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS