Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Lots to do

We have to get serious about getting our summer clothes out and ready for our trip in 3 weeks. I have a few new pieces, but I need my old, kick around in stuff too. Sean is really excited about this trip and I pray things will run smoothly. I am feeling really guilty about leaving the cat here by himself for almost 4 days. I can't count on anyone to watch him either. I have a food dispenser, so he won't starve. He has a window perch which is nicely padded. I will turn on a battery radio for his listening pleasure. He will be lonely, but he isn't lonely that often. He was an outdoor boy when we first adopted him, so he should be use to being independent.
~~~~
I was so thrilled my niece Tori, pictured below loved her gifts from me. She even got her own tv and chair from her mom and dad and was happy about them, but went right back to the dolls. I got her these mini-dolls called 'Shorties' and she played with them the entire time I was there and ignored the other toys. I'm wondering if she is playing with them today? They reminded me of 'Little Kiddles' from my childhood and they were really popular. I also gave her the little fairy and bunny cross stitch I turned into my first quilt square. Everyone was impressed by it. The quilt part was so-so, at least it looks handmade.
~~~~
We stopped by my mom's house first and it looked like clothes had exploded in her living room! My brother is helping her clean out some bedrooms and I think she is quickly moving clothes so he won't toss them. I could not believe how many clothes one person had. Now I know where a lot of her moola went. I like clothes too, but I have donated tons of them to charity within the last few years.
~~~~
Not only did we see the fox the other day, but we saw some gorgeous swans on the way to Brian's dad's house on Sunday. I would love to have a huge pond with swans-they are so elegant.
~~~~
Brian and I celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary on Thursday. We can't believe it's been that long. Goes to show you how quickly the years pass by.

1comments:

  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Happy anniversary, Dianne! Yes, those years do just zoom by. My 16th will be next month...seems like just yesterday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS