Thursday, April 07, 2005

One of my most embarassing moments...

I just submitted this to the Ellen DeGeneres Show:
I decided to become a commuter student during my junior year at college. I had about a 20 minute trip in my rickety old Maverick, but hey, I was driving and could come and go as I pleased.
On the 'first' day of the semester I got up around 6 am for my 8 o'clock English class. I got my new notebooks all together with my packed lunch and was off for school. I was anxious to get started and see my friends again. When I got there I was amazed at how many commuter students chose not to have an 8 o'clock class as I had my choice of parking spaces! As I walked along the sidewalks to the building where my English class was, again I was so surprised that I hardly saw any students walking to 8 o'clock classes. It was about 7:45. Either I was really early or they were going to be late.
When I finally arrived at the building and went inside it was rather dimly lit and my classroom was dark too. Geez, what's the matter? Was school cancelled on the first day? I happened upon a maintenance man and asked him about the first day. He said 'Young lady, the first day of classes is tomorrow!' I had no idea until that very moment. Did I get out of there fast and hoped I wouldn't run into any one I knew. I even had a story in case I did. Luckily, I just went to my car and came home and did it all again the next day.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS