Thursday, April 07, 2005

The invasion of the nocturnal winged creatures...

This happens every year when the first warm day of the year rolls around which was a few days ago. These flying ant like things come marching up through the vents (or some place) and start walking all over the walls, our heads, the cat's tail, you name it. It took me two hours to fall asleep that night as I had the feeling like something was crawling all over me.
To put things into prospective this room use to be the attached garage. We had a number of people (family, friends, paid people) who helped turned it into a nice big family room we desperately needed 12 years ago. The driveway use to go all the way up to the house (of course), but Brian knocked a big block of it away-thus the problem with the bugs-he never really sealed the cracks under the broken driveway. I thought he did. I thought at least Bri looked at it. He didn't really do anything all these years. I went out today and moved a rock and there was a fairly big hole. He's gonna have to move his butt and get gravel and cement to seal that area up where the garage door use to be.
We even put screens over the vents in here and the bugs are still finding their way in. If something isn't done, they will invade a few more times and I have to suck up all their little carcasses and they make my vacuum smell like citronella. Gross.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS