Monday, March 14, 2005

I am not a shopaholic...my mom is!

My good deed of the week was to help my mom go through a mountain of clothes in one of her bedrooms. I had no idea she had so many clothes! They are all different sizes from 6-14 as that's what she's been wearing over the last 5 yrs. When she got sick at the end of 2003, she deflated everywhere. The biggest part of her was her tummy. I have a different body type then mom, I'm more 'solid'.
Anyway, after 2 hours my aches told me that was enough for one day. We had put unwanted clothes in about 6-7 black plastic bags for charity! We separated the winter from the summer clothes. We took the sheets and towels out of there and she needs to pick out 4-6 sheet sets and get rid of the rest of them. I put loose hangers in a bag. There's a ton more to do, but our bods said 'no way'.
I feel so bad for mom. She is 74 and has all these nice clothes but doesn't go to church and she isn't joined to any senior groups. Shopping is definitely her hobby. The hobby started to overpower her and she is feeling helpless. I had to wear a dust mask (my allergies) or I wouldn't have been able to help. I see a light at the end of the tunnel. The fun part is to have a 'fashion show' and try on what she wants to keep. She may not like the fit or what she sees and she'll get rid of more things. I did the same thing with my clothes last year.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS