Friday, March 04, 2005

The happy chef

Being stuck inside prompted me to get out my muffin and loaf pans to get in a little baking. I've been on strike in the baking department (never Christmas cookies strike though) because I want my kitchen redone so badly and we seem stuck in slow motion getting to it. Now I've drawn a floor plan, picked out colors, but Brian is thinking about the money part. It's a small kitchen, about 10' x 11', so it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to remodel, right? So anyway, I was bored, had a bunch of brown bananas and saw a recipe in my Everyday Food Magazine for bread, and the rest is baking history! I went on to apple streusel muffins (from a mix) and today I popped in some cranberry orange muffins (also a mix, give me a break). Sean is thrilled with fresh baked goods and eats most of what I make. He's not fat either. I also made 12 bean soup (yes, 12 bean) today. It was really good. I followed the recipe on the package and added some breakfast ham (the bigger ham pieces were expensive). Brian ate 3 bowls of it. A few hours later he disappeared you-know-where! My grandmom would call it a 'physic' or an enema in a pot. : ) Beans are really the 'joyful fruit'. No need to go on.

Leno just had on a lady who had geese wearing skirts with diapers underneath- her babies. I think they sleep with her and her husband. Not like a warm kitty for sure.


My mom is getting excited about the Philadelphia Flower Show. She didn't get to go last year as she wasn't in good shape. I am worried about her this year. I think we should rent a wheel chair. That way, we could push in line. No, mostly to help her enjoy the show more. I said I would go. We would take the train, but the walk from the train to the show isn't exactly around the corner. I am getting really nervous about it. I may bail at the last minute, but that's all she talks about. Gee, I hope she doesn't read this!

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS