Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Who does everything... I do everything!

So I am super mom this week...running around, trying to get things done....writing out 40 Christmas cards...dragging heavy packages to the post office....stringing lights along the hedges. It's because I want to, but it would be nice to have some help. Sean poked his head out this afternoon and asked me if I wanted some help with the lights and I smiled and said it would be nice, he then promptly told me he was on the internet. Brian's contribution was to plug the lights into the remote control we bought last year. That gadget is so cool. We use to do the nightly run...to pull the plugs in two different areas. All we have to do now is point the control toward the windows and the lights are turned off. A man's dream.
I have two more cards to write, but probably more. The lady across the street won't look cross-eyed at us, but sends us a card every year. Then I feel guilty if I don't send her one. I usually use three different cards. Some friends out of state got neat ones I just found at Borders with an Independence Hall painting on them. Then I used some with stained glass windows on them for the more religious of the group. I then found some really neat ones that I had stashed about wanting world peace. They are perfect for this year. I printed out a family photo page and some photos we took especially for Christmas like the one below of me and Cosmo.
Next on the agenda is cleaning and decorating inside and to put the tree up which will take a few days. First it's the lights, then the garland and then about 100 ornaments-no kidding. I want it to look nice and festive. I could decorate the whole neighborhood I have hoarded so much stuff over the years.
Around the 18th I bake cookies. I'll do about 15 dozen of about 5 different kinds from the Crisco butter flavored chocolate chips (hands down the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I've found in about 30 yrs of baking-I started as a young teen); some 7 layer cookies-Sean's faves and probably a filled one and a few new ones.
Finally I wrap gifts. It will relax me to a certain point until I get tired of it. I have cut back on gifts, so it won't be so bad-I hope. I mean, we don't really need anything. I asked for a new soup pot and Brian came up from the basement with one he had found which still had the label on it! I told him he should have not showed me and wrapped it up. I would have never have know. He looked a little disappointed that he didn't think of it first! (BTW, Bri seems better, but still is coughing a bit).

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS