Thursday, December 02, 2004

When was your childhood over?

I have ordered a few things online already. The 'big' gift for my husband may not arrive for up to 3 weeks. Guess I should have ordered it a while ago. The problem is there are hardly any places to hide big things in here, not even in the basement or they will stick out like a sore thumb. I need to find my Christmas cards too. I buy one box of new ones and the rest are usually found at half price sales. We will take a family photo on the new red sofa as soon as we get around to it. I use to send out 'newsletters', but I now send out 'what's new?' paragraphs instead. Other people I know use to send those newsletters that sounded like 'brag' letters. I notice my old college friend hasn't sent one for a few years. The last contact I had from her was when she tried to write a poem about her family and it wasn't that good. I had done the same thing a year earlier, so she got the idea from me. Anyway, here's a spark meme...
When was your childhood over? Do you agree with the concept of adolescence, or did you go from being a child to being an adult?
I know there is a distinction between a child and an adolescent. I've seen enough kids go from innocent children to moody teenagers. It's those raging hormones!
I do believe deep inside us we keep the child we were hidden and bring her out once in a while, whether it's sitting on the floor playing with my niece and nephew or drawing a silly picture. I have a collection of dolls from my childhood-yes Barbies and I love them. I even would love to design clothes for her one day. I think 'turning into an adult' requires responsibility to yourself and your family, especially if you have children.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS