Friday, December 17, 2004

2004 in review...snagged from Abby's blog

What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Drove with a new driver, no I guess my brothers counted, but years ago. Ok, I actually got to see Sean take the test and get his license. : )
Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I always want to lose weight. My lower half needs a smaller size now, so I must have done something right. I did the work in the family room, but not the kitchen remodel.
Did anyone close to you give birth? Not this year. I was interested in Julia Roberts with her twins, Hazel and Phinneas, but we aren't close, we are both Scorpios, I think.
Did anyone close to you die?
My grandmom's sister died shortly after her birthday in Feb. I believe she had just turned 94. She was the complete opposite of her sister.
What countries did you visit?

I went to Greece-via the Olympics (not really there). And man did I get to see a lot of countries on 'The Amazing Race'!
What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A little financial stability. (Agree with Abby)
What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The driver's license scenerio and seeing my baby turn 18 on Oct. 24th.
What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Turning 45! I am not shy about it, but since I am told I look a wee bit younger, I don't tell everyone I am getting close to half a century!
What was your biggest failure?

I don't like to say I failed. That reminds me of a math theory class in college that I could not pass! Hmmmm....just getting the ball rolling on the kitchen remodel and maybe doing more in the house in general. The yard was my crowning achievement this year.
Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, just some things I have to have checked yearly and they have been good for the last few years. Thank God. : )
What was the best thing you bought?
The second bookcase! I need a third now.
Whose behavior merited celebration?
John Kerry for giving it a try....
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Scott Peterson...I don't need to say more.
Where did most of your money go?

Car insurance, credit card bills and a few loans, one which is being paid off in Feb.!
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My son heading for college, though I think I am more excited than him!
What song will always remind you of 2004?

Usher's...'Yeah!' and U2's...'Vertigo'. I had to look these up as I am not that savvy with names of popular songs. Shoot, ask me a song from the 70s will you?!
Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? I am sadder.

thinner or fatter? A bit thinner.
richer or poorer? Poorer...come on Powerball! I swear if I could win just a little of what some lucky bast@!# won last week, I would be content.
What do you wish you'd done more of? Organizing this shack! : )
What do you wish you'd done less of? Sitting at the computer while my ass fell asleep. (Again I agree with Abby).
How will you be spending Christmas? Home in good ol' southern Chester County.
Did you fall in love in 2004?

I think my man needs to do some fine tuning in that dept. He tries once in a while.
What was your favorite TV program? Extreme Home Makeover-please give me a job!
Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No.
What was the best book you read? I am liking 'Little Altars Everywhere', but taking forever to get through it-almost 400 pages.
What was your greatest musical discovery of 2004? Can't think of anyone.

What did you want and get? A new bookcase and bonus new couch.
What did you want and not get? A new, state of the art kitchen...am I repeating myself here?
What was your favorite film of this year? Sky Captain! Really cool.
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We went out to dinner at a local restaurant and then went to Dover, DE for some shopping the next day. I got to go to my favorite bookstore.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Maybe Brian getting a raise or a higher paying job. I worry a lot about dipping into saving accounts.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? Cleaner lines, more monotone. Trying to find pants that fit better. Added some color and neat jewelry.
What kept you sane? Blog, tribe, online pals.
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Let me think about this one, I'm over Harrison Ford-Calista, skinny bit@#.
Ummm....Joaquin Phoenix and Jim C. who played Jesus...now that's weird!
What political issue stirred you the most?

Need I say this crazy election year?
Who did you miss? Hearing from my old college pal Olivia.
Who was the best new person you met? Abby, though I don't know her super well, she introduced me to tribe which I really enjoy. Thanks! And I met her from just 'blog hopping'. : )

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Compliments go a long way. Grin and bear what old men say, but don't let them say too much!
Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Don't stop thinking about tomorrow....is that ok?

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS