Sunday, November 07, 2004

My fellow Americans...

....ask not who you voted for, ask if your vote was counted.
(source Greg Palast, contributing editor to Harper's magazine) Plast believes it's a chad problem(again) and that minorities who voted did not count (again). I did a push ballot and you can be damn sure I made sure my chad was popped out! Why do we still use this mediocre way of voting anyway?
The more I read about this election the more I feel it is a repeat of 4 yrs ago. And I can't stand the people who are 'walking on air' because Bush is still the president. He didn't win by a landslide, only 3% if all the votes were correct. Bush was smug and invited the press up to his personal quarters before the election was called. Did he know something? I think he wanted the popular vote, but who got the second most popular vote ever? John Kerry!! (thanks to Al Franken for this one). On this one blog the woman was naming all the celebrities who can eat their words. Well, at least they tried. I didn't see too many celebs except for Arnold, Bruce Willis and Curt Schilling (he use to live near me!) push for Bush. I won't even get into the whole weird Arnold connection. Is this why the British press called 50 million Americans stupid? I wonder what the rest of the world is thinking and it's probably not good.
This is my blog and my place to vent. Heck, I remember hating Nixon when I was 8 yrs old and wondered what people saw in him! And then look at what happened. Seems a lot of people can cough up stuff about Clinton and all, but what about Watergate and that mess?
I am hoping our PA Governor thinks about running in 2008. Ed Rendell is a good guy and went from Philly mayor to Governor. His wife Midge is a judge! My mom knows Ed from his wife's mom and brother-in-law. I just think he has the power and smarts.
Talk about a country divided. It's far worse than 4 yrs ago. It really is a mess.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS