Saturday, October 30, 2004

Blah Saturday

Well my mom was suppose to come out and I was running around tidying up, hanging some new sheer gold curtains in the family room and trying to look nice in general. I had just had my hair done for cripes sake! Then I was playing the waiting game. She mainly wanted to come out to give Sean his belated birthday gifts. At 2 she called and said she had just left Kohls in her area! I told her I wasn't crazy about her driving in the dark and she was only giving herself a few hours to visit. She decided she'd wait to see us tomorrow when we would come down to see the kids in their Halloween outfits. She called again and this time she was in Dennys eating. Anytime she eats I thank God as she is still so thin. Mom's sciatica is kicking in again and I feel it's from her driving again. She didn't drive for almost 5 months, so she didn't use her legs in that pedal pushing way. She could do things to help ease up the ache-rub, stretching, herbal pills, but she relies on the pain pills and lies in bed. I guess when I am 74 I will be damn lucky if I don't hurt like she does as I have had major achiness this fall.
Sean went to the movies in my van and his dad is cutting up the leaves with the mower. I have been uploading my photos to my yahoo albums. Last night I printed out about 35 photos as I haven't done that for 6 months. I had to put in a new cyan cartridge and it wouldn't work right away and I ruined some good glossy paper. Brian and I have a pink haze to us in the beach photo I tried to print out as a 5" x 7"!
Last year we went to Fort Washington to a Tech Expo so Sean could mainly have a book signed by the author who happens to be the chief weatherman for NBC 10 here in Philly. His name is Glenn 'Hurricane' Schwartz and he wrote a book about Philly weather through the years. He was nice enough to sign it for Sean and he named a few colleges that specialized in meteorology, Sean's proposed major. The anchors who were there were all nice and so tan. I look so pale next to consumer reporter Tracy Davidson in the photo we took. I loved posing (again looking ghostly) with the new guy on the block last year, cutie Vince DiMentri. He is married to QVC hostess Pat James DiMentri. I asked him about a ring he was wearing and he took it off so I could get a better look (like I was looking at the ring) and told me it was a gift from the city of New York for his work there. Seems he was a news reporter up there too. We met some Passion soap opera people and I had no idea who they were. Not into the soaps. An interesting event.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS