Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Boring election night-except for Penna.!

My son got to vote today for the first time and thank goodness there were no long lines. We actually were in and out of his old elementary school in 5 minutes. He was so funny though. He went into the 'voting station' and called out-"how does this card go in?" He figured it out and took his time there very seriously. I just voted straight party. He went through all the different candidates. So my son and I voted for the same candidate and his dad was undecided but went for his usual party. It would have been neat for all three of us to be cheering on the same man.
It took them a while to call Kerry the winner for Penna. He should thank the blacks and young voters like my son for this win. I am really impressed with Mr. Kerry. I really didn't know that much about him even a year ago and he came this far. He was a tireless campaigner. I liked him a lot in a clip I saw from an old Dick Cavett show when he was home from Vietnam and opposing the war. His Boston accent was there and as a young man, he was so articulate. I am not really optimistic right now as my husband keeps looking at Florida and Ohio and they are leaning towards Bush.
I hope it's not a repeat of 4 yrs ago. We'll see.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS