Thursday, September 23, 2004

Theatre Thursday

Since I just came home from seeing a new release, thought I'd do this one:
1. Do you remember the very first time you watched a movie on the big screen?
Now this makes me feel really old, it had to be 'The Sound of Music' when I was about 4 or 5. My mom and grandmom said it was going to be a real treat and it was so boring and long for little kids. Couldn't wait until it was over.
2. What was the last movie you saw on the big screen?
Just took my mom to see 'Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow'. I was surprised that a lady of her mature age would want to see this sci-fi, action type movie. It was based in 1939-40, just the age when she was going to see Saturday matinees with Buck Rogers, etc. This was done in sepia tones with some coloring. Loved the 'bigger than life' cinematography. If you happen to see it let me know what the last word spoken in the movie was. My mom said something at that very moment. Incidently, Jude Law and his ex-wife Sadie Frost are co-producers of this movie.
3. Did you ever like a movie so much that you paid to watch it more than once?
The Poseidon Adventure, Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark and Back to the Future. The movie house in the town where I grew up had cheap prices, like $1 for the above movies, so why not see them more than once.
BONUS) How much does a movie ticket cost in your neck of the woods?Full-price shows here are around $8-$8.50 and $5.50-$6.50 for a matinee.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS