Sunday, September 19, 2004

Getting stuff in order

My organizational type personality is breathing a bit of a sigh of relief. With the sofa in place and now the bookcase, I can get 'down to brass tacks' and get things in order again. I already loaded up the second bookcase-can we say 'real library'! Geez-well, if you collected books for 30 yrs like I have (and the majority being added in the last 10 yrs I believe), you'd have your own library too. I do need to go through them and downsize. The first being the books on dried flowers-I have four of them and I don't even like dried flowers in general. I do like to dry some rosebuds when I get them as gifts or whatever, but I don't need 4 books to tell me how to do it. I'll have to say my largest 'subcategories' are garden books and Christmas books. These are the ones in this room. I own about 30 or more cross stitch hardbacks. They need a good going through too.

I went down to 'Big Lots'. Sometimes it's just 'lots of junk' but I got this big old square basket to hold my paperbacks and hardbacks-another collection I have to downsize. They had it reduced and the jerks who work there were probably rubbing their hands together when I left because they knew they sold me a defective item. I didn't find out until I got home that the bottom was broken on one side. I ingeniously wired it back together (thank my grandmom for teaching me these skills) and it looks fine and is doing its job. Other than that I got some junk food for my son, birthday cards for him and my mom and some birthday stuff for my mom. I can't top locating her a newer car, but I think she'll like what I have for her.

And how much do I love this red sofa! I was telling my friends that I lived with a red sofa for 2 years. I had a Surefit slipcover for my old sofa. It's so comfy and really has too many pillows. I love to cuddle up and do my cross stitch and watch tv on it.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS