Friday, September 24, 2004

Blah Friday

I guess it's from overdoing it in the house and not being careful about what I eat that made me feel so crummy this morning. My schedule was completely screwed up yesterday anyway. It was my mom's birthday. I drove solo down there (46 miles round trip) in my van that needs the gasket repair. I brought her an Indian Summer bouquet with mini-sunflower, white tea roses, yellow roses, some goldenrod type flower and something that looked like rosehips. She loved it. She opened her gifts from me later. She had overdosed the air with this spray that my brother had sent from Florida to mask dog pee. Her dog is doing that again around her house. To her he's just a bad dog and she puts up with it. My sister-in-law Colleen and little 5 yr old niece Tori came to take us to lunch up in Media at a restaurant called 'The Town House'. It was a pleasant lunch, I got a Reuben sandwich. We then went to C&T's house to have some cake and chat a bit. They took us home and we decided to go to the movies. Before we went, I vacuumed in there, probably a big mistake for my sinuses. The movie 'Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow' was excellent. See my previous post. We came out of the theatre and I said I wanted to grab a bite before I had to make the trip home. We went to Wendy's and their salads were wilting big time and we hardly ate what we ordered. I came home just in time to see Survivor. Yippee, I could now relax! Nope, Brian came back home early from the open house at the school and started to talk about that. I was interested, but the talk between father and son was overwhelming. It was still in high gear when The Apprentice
came on, unfortunately. I also ate a slice of pizza at 8 pm.
The first thing I had to do this morning was call billing at the doctor's billing as they said our insurance wouldn't pay for Brian's June bloodwork. I was on the phone between the two of them for almost an hour. Not a good thing to do when you first get up, thus prompting a coughing attack. I was stuffed up, coughing, felt sick, all rolled into one. This happens when I am PMSing too. I think it was a combo of all the events from above. Gotta treat yourself good, ya know?
All in all, I think mom had a nice birthday which is a miracle after the year of suffering she's been through. I wish I could help her clean more, but the dog dander is obviously making me sick.
Tonight, Cosmo is going for his rabies shot. He saw the cat carrier in the kitchen and went half in to check it out-and whoa Nellie-backed right out again. He's been getting on a window ledge in a room we have in the basement for hours on end. I think he is watching the squirrels (or groundhogs) go after the chestnuts that are falling now from the trees. Cats are funny companions.
Tomorrow can only be better.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS