Friday, July 15, 2005

Still baking here...

Apple munching deer

Taken 5 yrs ago. These irises are all gone. : (

I was just outside for about 20 minutes and I couldn't take it. It was like walking around inside an oven. The humidity is way up there, so I think I'll do a little tidying up since the house always needs it.
Bummed a bit because there were ants on the counter last night and this morning. I spent about 20 minutes cleaning them up. Brian saw them last night and just shrugged his shoulders and went back to the channel surfing. He could have cleaned the dirty dishes out of the sink for me and wiped off the counter, but he didn't. I was trying to remember the home remedy for ants. I thought salt, but mom says it's lemon juice. I have one of those plastic lemons and put a line of the juice along the floor near the back door. I think they are coming in there and then going along the back of the wall and up where the sink is.
A great way to clean up your yard of it's fallen apples-deer and groundhogs. They have been out eating under the apple tree last night and today. Brian and I both tried to take photos. I'll have to upload them and add one here if it's decent. I picked one and it was really sour. Guess I could make some apple sauce if we actually picked enough. I won't eat apples off the ground for health reasons (e. coli issues).
I did just place an order for 10 assorted iris rhizomes from a company in Atlanta called Touch of Nature. They will be shipped after August 15th. Sean was chuckling over the names as I read them to the man: Banana Frappe (deep yellow), Night Owl (darkest of purples) and Stitch Witch (a dwarf iris-I think it's a two tone blue and white) among others. I have the rhizomes from eBay to plant. I need to rototill the spot up first.
Better go grab a late lunch-not soup today!

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS