Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Saw a hummer today

My little cart with the succulents
I'm not referring to the Governor of California's vehicle. I was outside in my backyard and I happened to see a little guy whirl around the sage and then go pop inside every blossom of my pale purple petunia (say that fast 3 times!) hanging basket. It's the first hummer I have seen this year. Just in time for the trumpet vine that just started to bloom. Hummers love trumpet vines.
I believe I have a yellow, not lime green zinnia opening first. I went out to look at it and a blasted Japanese beetle was on it. They are such pests. Speaking of which, last week I had just gotten all comfy in bed and felt 'something' crawl over my face. I jumped up (Brian was in the guest room), turned the light on and saw nothing, so I shook the covers out and then the pillows. A few nights later in the bathroom I found the culprit-a daddy longlegs. It had to be a spider like thingie. He has gone to met his maker thanks to Bri.

1comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Taracotta said…

    I have that same wagon....I sprayed it red after a couple of years and usually put a potted plant in the back. I like what you did with yours too.

    Taracotta

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS