Monday, July 11, 2005

High from shopping

About twice a year, I go on a shopping frenzy. The stores want to unload their summer clothing and outdoor things for my first round of shopping. Sean asked if I wanted to go down to Delaware to a few stores. He hasn't taken me shopping for a while, so I went along. We went to AC Moore the craft store. Now that store use to make me go bonkers, now I just look and maybe pick up a few skeins of DMC floss and some freebie crochet directions. I have lots of craft items at home already.
The next stop was Kohls and we ran into their 70% off sale. Woo hoo! I am not picky about sizes when it comes to buying clothes I like (meaning I will go up a size or two in the skirts and maybe down a size in a top if it stretches). I got about 4 skirts, 5 tops, a purse and some jewelry for under $100. I thought that was great. I like new clothes. I tried them on tonight, and aside from having tremendous tummy bulge, they looked fine.
We then went to the Goodwill so I could scope it out for eBay. Their prices were great and I did find a few things for resale that were really nice. This is the same Goodwill that Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie went to for their show (last November).
We were hungry and thought a new Ruby Tuesday in the area was open, but it wasn't, so we went to Pizza Hut. After the Hut we decided that since Value City was down the road, we would hit their sales. I got some new towels, a cute skirt, and lots of little things, one of which is a pink pig grill that I plan to use as a plant stand. They had a cow too-only $7!!
We had fun together out in the heat. Now I can concentrate on my mom who was diagnosed with shingles today! She went to the doctor for her back and this morning her tummy started to pop out with the blisters. I hope she started taking the medicine in time to help allevate the symptoms. I feel so bad for her. She's really suffered a lot these past few years.

1comments:

  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Sounds like a fun shopping trip. Can't wait to see the pink pig grill.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS