Monday, February 21, 2005

A snowy day....

...I loved that book as a child by Ezra Jack Keats. It was so nicely done and was a hallmark of the time having a little African American boy as the main character (1962 publication). The little boy was Peter who worn the red pointed hood and found amazement in the snow as all small children do.
So we had a little snow last night. It wasn't a big storm, but we got 1.5" or so. I have no transportation, so I decided to do a pot roast and make some banana bread to keep me busy. Sean was off and had to read and answer about 9 questions about cloning from articles. That took him about 3 hours (I helped him a bit).
I have a 'boo-boo' on my left pinkie finger (I am a lefty) and it is hard to type. I sliced it on my apple peeler that I was using to quickly peel potatoes (you crank it) and my hand slipped.
The banana bread came out nice, though the whole bottom stuck to the pan (I should have used Pam instead of margarine). I found the recipe in the Everyday Food Magazine. That's a nice little compact recipe magazine.
When I cut my finger, Brian and Sean got me a band-aid and the wound cleaner, but left me to finish dinner. Brian did come back and cut the meat and mash the potatoes later, but I had to clean up everything. I wish my family would be more thoughtful. Sean wouldn't even clean off the sidewalk with anything but the broom and Brian had to get the snow shovel to finish the job.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS