Saturday, February 19, 2005

Waiting game

Not only are we waiting on a snow event scheduled to arrive tomorrow evening, we've been waiting on my van to get a gasket repair. I think I mentioned it in one of my first posts back in September. So a few weeks ago I called my mechanic brother at work and said "I want my van repaired.... I need peace of mind....I want to visit people over 20 miles away without worrying that the van will break down." We dropped it off last night. I had quite a list of things for him to check. Then today we waited...and waited. I was about to have a panic attack I waited so long! Finally around 4 my brother called and said it was really leaking anti-freeze and had a heater core problem. He thinks he fixed the 'hum' in the tire bearing or whatever. He said I needed to come get it because he was going to 'do it on the side' to save us money. I was bummed because I was ready to get it over with and not worry everytime I got behind the wheel. I was worried when Sean drove the van too. We went to church and got Chinese food for dinner and came home. The phone rang when we were eating and it was my brother, but he hates answering machines and wouldn't leave a message. I waited a bit and called him back. He said he had pulled the front off the van because he wanted to work on it. It's a big job, so I bet he won't have it finished anytime soon. He said tomorrow, but I think originally he said 2-3 days.
I guess he wants to please me or get me off his back. He doesn't get along well with our siblings because of car or money issues. I always tell him up front I will give him the money. We always give him extra too. I really love his kids a bunch. His little girl was upset over her loose tooth-'the wiggling is driving me crazy', she said. Went down in the play room where she was sitting alone and told her about when Sean pulled his tooth out while he was in kindergarten (she is too) and it flew out of his hand and went under the piano. He never retrieved it. My niece wanted to know if the tooth fairy came anyway. I said we wrote her a note to explain what happened. I told her to use some dental floss and twist it under the tooth. She contemplated the idea at least but I forgot to ask if she followed through with it..

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS